• There's money out there to help you pay for college!
    Almost every student that goes to college receives financial aid, but not everyone receives the same kind or amount.
  • Grants
    These are federal and state awards that are set aside for students who need the most help paying for college. Grants do not have to be paid back, they are FREE MONEY.
    (Pell Grant Max for 2017-2018 school year is $5,920.)
    Work Study
    This is also provided by the federal government; however, instead of giving you the money, it requires that you work a part-time job during the school year at the college or with one of its partners. You earn this money, just like any other job, and do not have pay it back after you graduate. No federal taxes on work study money!
    (The difference between just having a job, and having a job with federal work study is that the federal government pays 75% of your wages. This means the employer is motivated to hire you, because he or she only has to pay the other 25%.  Universities love this, and often times they will only hire students who have federal work study, as their budgets may be too tight to pay full wages.)
    fsa video link
  • Student Loans
    These are special loans provided by the federal government. Students borrow money to pay for college but do not have to repay until six months after they graduate. They typically have low interest rates and flexible payment plans. Most students pay for some of their costs using student loans.
    student loans link
  • Scholarships and Waivers
    These are special awards that are given to students who show academic excellence or talents in areas like sports, art, community service, etc. Scholarships and waivers can come from the college or other places like businesses and community organizations. Scholarships and waivers do not have to be repaid
    (Scholarship applications will require additional information including academic transcripts, a resume and letters of recommendation. Each scholarship has their own requirements so make sure you research them carefully and pay close attention to their deadlines.)
  • Scholarship Portal

    cd scholarships

  • Scholarship Tips

    scholarship tips

  • Letter of Recommendation Request Form

    letter os req request

  • Scholarship Matrix

    scholarship matrix

  • Getting Strong Letters of Recommentation

    letters of req tips

  • Earn to Learn
    This is a needs-based scholarship program that teaches financial literacy and rewards students and families who are committed to saving money to attend ASU, NAU and UofA with $4,000 of matching scholarship fundingUtilizing special matching savings accounts called Individual Development Accounts (IDAs), qualifying students who make deposits for at least 6 months and meet their $500 savings goal prior to attending one of the three in-state universities will earn $4,000 in matching funds to pay for tuition, books and other university related expenses. The matching scholarship is renewable for up to four years depending on on-going funding as long as students remain eligible and continue to save $500 each year.
     Click the icon below to learn more about this program
    earn to learn png
    In order to receive any government financial aid, you have to fill out your FAFSA
    Click the link on the left to learn more OR click the link on the right to get started. 
                                fafsa beginners vid                      fafsa
  • Need help with any part of the financial aid process?
    • Meet in person with someone from College Depot: Call 602-261-8847 to set up an appointment