Name: Laurel A Palmer
Subjects / Classes Taught: Mathematics / Principles of Math Technology
Degree(s): B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Teaching Certifications in Secondary (6-12) Mathematics, Physical Science and Cross-Categorical Special Education (K-12)
Hello, my name is Laurel Palmer. I have been teaching for 16 years. I am delighted to teach at Central High School, and very excited about teaching your students Principles of Math Technology. I moved to Phoenix from Winslow, Arizona, in 2015, where I lived and taught for eleven years. Prior to that, I lived in Denver, Colorado. I have also lived in New Jersey, Iowa, New Mexico and California.
- Room # : 702
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30-8:00
- Textbook(s) Name(s): Financial Algebra
- Plan for Success: Utilize available interventions including standard recovery, Saturday School, and after school tutoring.
- Teaching Philosophy: I believe that every child has the ability to learn mathematics, and I am committed to find a way to reach each child I teach.
- Expectations: I expect each student to come on time, prepared for class each day and for them to show respect for others and themselves at all times
- Classroom Policies/Rules: In my classroom, we have Classroom Norms, which are addressed within my Expectations.
- Syllabus: The Principles of Math Technology Syllabus is contained in the Phoenix Union High School District website, as all of the district Principles 1, 2 teachers use the same curriculum, pacing, resources and assessments.
- Assignments: Assignments are posted within the StudentVue website, which is linked to Synergy, the District’s attendance and grading program.
- Calendars: Calendars are also available on the district’s website.
- Useful links: I often recommend Kahn Academy as a useful site for students and parents to view mini-algebra lessons if they have internet access.