Welcome to Mr. Carlson's Website
I am in my 4th year of teaching. I have a BA in Secondary Mathematics from Arizona State University and am currently working on my Master's in Educational Technology at Grand Canyon University. I have worked in several industries with my most recent before entering the teaching profession being 10 years at the Intel Ocotillo campus as both an Intel employee and contractor. My last position was a Data Analyst with the Logistics division.
I like to inspire students to discover the math versus the teacher just giving instruction. This is done with activities that engage the students to explore and problem solve. It is important for students to know that missteps are part of the journey. I help them find real-world applications of the math and utilize technologies to help the students in this exploration.
- No Talking During Class-Wide Teaching
- Be in Your Seat and Work from Bell to Bell
- Wear ID Badges above the Waist Every Day, and Follow Dress Code
- No Electronic Devices are to be Seen and Phones are Turned Off
- No Eating, but Water Bottles are Permitted
- Respect Everyone and Everything