Major (Ret) Kirk LovingJROTCB.A. Russian Literature - George Washington University
M.A. Russian and East European Studies - Florida State University
M.Ed. Instructional Psychology and Technology- University of Oklahoma
I am a retired U.S. Army officer who took up teaching in 2008 after a 20 year military career. I served in numerous stateside assignments, as well as overseas assignments to include: Germany, Saudi Arabia, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Iraq. My combat tours included Operation Desert Storm in 1990-1991, and most recently Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2005. I was trained as a Field Artillery Officer, a Military Intelligence Officer, and as a Russian Foreign Area Officer. I began teaching JROTC at Metro Tech High School in 2008. The mission of JROTC is to motivate young people to be better citizens by teaching them discipline, leadership, fitness, and the value of service to their community and country.
- JROTC Classroom and my office are in Room # 7201
- Office Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm
- Plan for Success
- I expect all of our JROTC cadets to give their maximum effort in everything we do. I also expect you to be respectful of your fellow students and to the school staff. As a cadet, you represent the JROTC program in everything that you do, both on and off campus.
- Useful links http://www.usma.edu; http://armyrotc.com/edu/azstate/index.htm; http://www.gcu.edu/Admissions/ROTC.php; http://www4.nau.edu/army/; http://army.com/
- Primary coach of the Adventure Team and Drill Team; Assistant coach of the Rifle Team.