Name: Leonardo Alvarez
Subjects / Classes Taught: Social Studies: World and US History
Degree(s): BA Secondary Education History, MA Educational Leadership
Please type a welcome message or professional bio
Hello and welcome to Mr. Leonardo Alvarez's teacher page.
I have been teaching Social Studies here at Carl Hayden High School since the fall of 1993.
I grew up in Yuma, Arizona and graduated from Yuma High in 1987. I entered the US Army after high school and after a two year stint I enrolled at the University of Arizona in the fall of 1989. I received my BA in Secondary Education History with a minor in Bilingual Education in the spring of 1993. I received my MA in Educational Leadership from Northern Arizona University in the winter of 1996. I am currently highly qualified in World History, US History, English, ESL and Bilingual Education.
I sponsor the Future Teacher which I have been active with since 1993. I also coached baseball for the school district since 1994 and from 1999-2012 I was the varsity head coach. I also coached jv football one year in 1997.
Suggestions for additional content:
- Room #826
- Office Hours 7:30 am - 8:00 am and 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Textbook(s) Name(s): McDougal: World History
- Plan for Success
- Teaching Philosophy: Anything worth achieving takes hard work
- Expectations: Be prepared everyday to learn.
- Classroom Policies/Rules: See Plan for Success
- Assignments: Check Student/Parent Vue
- Future Teacher Club: Meetings every other Monday right after school in room #826