Please type a welcome message or professional bio Hi my name is Dan Dell'Omo but most people at school call me Mr. D. or just D. I am the licensed athletic trainer and have been at Carl Hayden for over 15 years. I have been a nationally certified athletic trainer for over 31 years. I have worked in all areas of AT from clinical/ high school combo to the professional level (New Jersey Generals, USFL 1986-1987)
My job is the care and prevention of athletic injuries. If an athlete is injured during a practice or game I will evaluate the injury and treat/rehab. with the appropriate modalities ie. Ice, heat, US, e-stim. massage. and or refer them to the appropriate medical facility or physician if needed.
Suggestions for additional content:
- Room #935
- Office Hours 11:30 - 7:00 pm or until all home games are complete.
- Textbook(s) Name(s)
- Plan for Success To return the injured student athlete to play as safely and as quickly as possible.
- Teaching Philosophy My only concern is the safety of the student athlete.
- Your (appropriately professional) picture - optional
- Expectations The student athletes report all injuries to me. And to come for treatment as often as possible, preferably during there lunch period if possible.
- Classroom Policies/Rules 1.Respect others 2.No cell phone usage while you being treated by me 3.If you are seen by a physician you must have a note with the date of when you are able to return to play.
- Assignments Coverage of all practices, home games and all varsity football games.
- Useful links www.nata.org www.azata.net
- Clubs sponsored/Sports coached Lettermen's club.