Name: Erin Sullivan
Subjects / Classes Taught: Culinary 1-2 & Culinary 3-4
Degree(s): Culinary degree from the Art Institute and Bachelors from Ottawa University
Welcome to Culinary! Through this class I will open your eyes and your taste buds to many new flavors and techniques. I will help prepare you to enter into the industry through the skills you will learn. In Culinary we will cover all the basics from knife skills to sauces, baking to American regional cuisines. It is my hope that you walk away from these classes with at least one skill that you will remember throughout your life. Let the tasting begin!!
- Room # M/T room 871 W/R/F room 505
- Office Hours 7:30 – 8:00 and 2:00 – 3:30
- Textbook(s) Name(s) Food for Today (we use an in class copy)
- Plan for Success
- Teaching Philosophy My philosophy on teaching is that everyone of us learns in a different manner. I strive to incorporate all the learning styles into my curriculum so that every student has the ability to learn the material.
- Your (appropriately professional) picture - optional
- Expectations I expect respect from all students towards each other and towards myself. I expect all students to be timely and prepared for class. I ask that all students approach each lab with an open mind and the willingness to try.
- Classroom Policies/Rules Rules and policies are the same as my expectations with the addition that everyone MUST clean up their own mess, both in the kitchen and in the classroom.
- Useful links
- Clubs sponsored/Sports coached C-CAP Sponsor