Who was Trevor G. Browne?Trevor G. Browne High School, which won an award for its design in concrete, welcomed its first students in the fall of 1972. The school is named for Dr. Trevor Goff Browne, who donated the land on which it is built. He was born July 6, 1891 in Montreal, Canada and worked as a teacher and principal in Canada for six years before attending medical school. After earning his M.D. in 1921, Dr. Browne taught at Harvard Medical School before moving to Phoenix in 1931. Here he established a free medical clinic for children, founded Phoenix Urban League, and served on the Phoenix Union High School Board for 25 years among many other accomplishments. He passed away March 17, 1977.