CTE Integrated STEM Programs...
- Apply equal attention to the standards and objectives of two or more of the STEM fields.
- Involve students in defining authentic problems, working with others, and building real solutions -students learn to reflect on the problem-solving process while improving their math and science scores.
- Accomplished through a series of open-ended, hands-on activities related to a thematic topic that addresses important concepts related to STEM disciplines.
Goals of STEM Education
- Ensure a STEM Capable Citizenry
- Build a STEM Proficient Workforce
- Cultivate STEM Experts
- Close the Achievement and Participation Gap
STEM and Other Federal Initiatives
Race To The Top (RTTP)
- Seeks reforms in Education by Adopting standards and assessments that prepare students to succeed in college and the workplace and to compete in the global economy.
21st Century Learning Community Centers (21st CLCC)
- Remedial education activities and academic enrichment learning programs, including those which provide additional assistance to students to allow the students to improve their academic achievement; Mathematics and science education activities; Telecommunications and technology education programs; Programs that promote parental involvement and family literacy.
- Arizona STEM Network