Trevor Browne High School
Response to Intervention TeamDeveloping Strategies for Student Success
What is the Response to Intervention (RTI) Team ?
The focus of the I-Team is to develop interventions for students who do not have and IEP and are not responding to Tier I and Tier II classroom academic, social emotional and behavior interventions.Who is on the I-Team?
· Assistant Principal of Instruction
- Social Worker
- Student Prevention/Intervention Specialist
- Instructional Specialist
- Behavior Interventionist
- Math Teacher
- English Teacher
- Reading Teacher
- Special Education Teacher
- School Nurse
- School Psychologist is a consulting member as needed
When should I refer?
- Tier I and Tier II interventions have been utilized but are not helping the student to be successful.
- Student is not grasping basic concepts or retaining information covered in recent weeks.
- Student is still displaying disruptive and defiant behavior despite interventions being tried.
- Student seems tired most of the time and has increased absences recently.
- Student cannot seem to stay focused. Student is easily distracted and always out of his seat.
- Student has had a major drop in grades.
How are students referred?
~ Teachers and/or staff members complete a referral form communicating concern to the RTI team (link below).
~ The RTI team will collect information on what Tier I and Tier II classroom interventions have been used to address the student's needs.
~ A meeting with the counselor, student, parent and the multi-disciplinary RTI Team will be scheduled.What to expect from the RTI-Team:
# RTI-Team will provide teacher’s research based interventions to implement in the classroom. Interventions maybe academic, behavior and/or social emotional supports.
# The student’s counselor will monitor progress to assure interventions are implemented with fidelity.
# A student who does not respond to Tier I and Tier II interventions may require further Tier III interventions to beexplored by the RTI-TeamRefer to RTI-Teamhttps://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=YRiAyqiKVU6gPHPtFl268vC4DFgjYXNOh1WPO3zK1KNUNjBMTTVCVjZaTjJNNlRLRjBVUkJGOTIyVi4u