The plan for success has not yet been approved.Algebra 3/4 Plan for Success
.5 credits each semester
Prerequisite: Geometry 1-2
Grade level: 10-12
Materials and Supplies:
· A folder or binder in which you will keep handouts, quizzes, reviews, etc.
· A 1 subject notebook or loose leaf paper for classwork and homework.
· Colored Pencils and Highlighters are recommended.
· TI 83/84 model graphing calculator (recommended)
North High believes that for students to pass the AIMs and to graduate that “all students must be on time and attend all of their classes.” North High Students who have been absent more than 10% of the class periods in one subject (12 or more absences) are at risk of not passing the class according to District Attendance Policy and “Teacher’s Plan for Success” and will be placed on “Attendance Academic Probation.” Parents and students are responsible for contacting the school regarding placement on “Attendance Academic Probation” in order to develop a plan with Administration and the teacher to avoid failing the class. North High will provide attendance interventions and notification letters regarding student’s attendance.
All students are expected to be in the classroom when the tardy bell rings and in accordance with the teacher’s plan for success. Students who are tardy five (5) times in one week will be assigned after-school detentions. Students who are not in class by the tardy bell are subject to attend a Tardy Education Class.
100 – 90%: A: Superior
89 – 80%: B: Above Average
79 – 70%: C: Average
69 – 60%: D: Below Average
Below 60%: F: Failing
Each 9 weeks:
· Daily Homework
1st Term: 40%
2nd Term: 40%
Final Exam (CRT) 20%
Make-Up / Late Work Policy
All missed work is to be collected by the student. Additional tutoring needed to help with missed topics will be given upon request/need. Test makeups are due within one week unless other arrangements are made.
Monday and Friday
Before school (7-7:40
Tuesday through Thursday
after 7th period (2:45-3:30)
*If you are having trouble, ask for help, ESPECIALLY DURING CLASS.
Unless told otherwise, you must always show work. It is your responsibility to check your answers and to make corrections. The purpose of homework is to learn the material before test time! If you chronically do not complete the homework, your parents will be informed.
· Come in, sit down in your seat and start the bellwork.
· Raise your hand if you have a question or comment.
· Do your best.
· Respect people, property and yourself.
Electronic Devices Policy
- 1st offense – warning from teacher/staff member to put item away. Reminder of school rules
- 2nd offense – warning from teacher/staff member to put item away. Reminder of school rules
Phone call to the parent/guardian
- please let the parent know that the device will be confiscated on the next offense
- 3rd offense – Confiscate the device
· Teacher will call security to have device picked up
· Once it reaches the Dean’s office it will be locked in a secure cabinet
· Dean’s office will contact the parents
· PARENTS/GUARDIAN will be responsible for picking up the device
I have read and understand this Plan for Success for Algebra 3-4 and agree to follow it to the best of my ability to ensure my success in this class.
Student Name (Please Print): _________________________________________________________________
ID Number: ________________
Student Signature: _________________________________________________________________
Parent Name (Please Print): _________________________________________________________________
Parent Signature: _________________________________________________________________
Parent/Guardian Email address:_____________________________
Best Time to Contact: _____________________________