School Daily Announcements – Monday, February 21, 2017 (Announcements will be read
over the PA DAILY)
Maryvale High School
Daily Announcements – Monday, February 21, 2017
(Announcements will be read over the PA DAILY)
· In honor of Black history month here is the Quote of the day. “Defining myself, as opposed to being defined by others, is one of the most difficult challenges I face.” - Carol Moseley-Braun
· A Message from Maryvale's Security Team – 1. For your safety please stay in the designated lunch areas during your lunch. 2. If you have a conflict with someone, visit our security team so we can help mediate a solution.
· Lunch Time - Students we asked that you not walk through buildings during the lunch periods and do not disrupt classrooms while in session
· Powder Puff Football - Powder puff football has been moved to Tuesday, May 9 at 6 PM. Please stop by room 410 for permission slips and an application. Return them as soon as possible so we can get numbers. Girls play flag football and boys dress up and cheer. Tickets to watch will go on sale the week before. There will be a required informational meeting after spring break for anyone interested in participating or volunteering.
· Attention Asian American Club members – Photos for the yearbook will be taken on Wednesday, February 22 after school. Please meet in room 410.
· Attention Sophomore Club - The next sophomore club meeting will be Thursday, February 23 after school in room 410.
· Attention Cheerleaders - Varsity cheer tryouts will be from Monday, Feb. 27 through Thursday March 2 in the cafeteria from 4:00-5:30. This is open to all boys and girls who are currently freshmen through juniors. In order to try out you must be cleared for sports for the 2016-2017 school year. You will need to go to athletics and get cleared for cheer to tryout. If you are in a spring sport and you would like to tryout come to the tryouts on Monday and talk to the coach. It can be worked out for you to tryout.
· National Honor Society – yearbook picture has been rescheduled for Thursday, February 23rd. Please wear professional clothing and all 154 members need to be present. We will all meet at the south bleachers by the football field. See you then.
· Spring Play - The spring play about the interesting ways high school students prompose to each other called “Please Say Yes” will take place in the Auditorium Thursday, February 23rd and Friday, February 24th at 6 p.m. Tickets are $3 in advance and $4 at the door. Seating is limited and a possible real promposal could happen live on stage!
· Tomorrow’s Club Meetings after school
è Freshmen Club in Room 101
è Gay Straight Alliance in Room 906
è Earth Club in Room 727
è Spanish Club in Room 700
è Asian American Club in Room 410
· Today’s Club Meetings after school
è Panthertown in room 702
è Spoken Word Club in room 906
· Today’s Away Games
· Today’s Home Games