Central High School Counselor Services
The services counselors provide at Central High School are geared to assist students in three areas of development: academic, career, and personal/social. These areas are interrelated and cannot be addressed in isolation. Comprehensive, developmental counseling services are designed for ALL students.
Central High School Counselors Believe:
· Young people have dignity and worth as human beings.
· Young people need to experience significance in their school and their community.
· Young people have the ability to succeed and become contributing members of society.
· Young people need guidance and support from school, parents, and community as they seek to find their place in society.
· Schools, parents, and communities that communicate and collaborate provide the most effective support to young people.
What Central High School Counselors Do:
· Provide direct counseling services to students individually and in support groups.
· Provide education and support services to parents.
· Provide consultation services to teachers.
· Facilitate referrals to community support services.
· Advise students on academic planning.
· Provide career information to parents.
· Maintain an up-to-date library of career and post-secondary school information.
· Network with post-secondary schools.
· Serve on school and community committees addressing the needs of young people.
High school years are full of excitement, frustration, disappointment, and hope. It is a time students begin to discover what the future holds for them. At Central High School students receive accurate information, concrete advice and positive guidance. Our long term goal is to have every student become a productive and contributing member of society. Together, professional school counselors, parents, and the community can provide the most effective support for young people.
To effectively assist all members of our school community if you see a student and or staff member who appears to be in crisis or having significant difficulty, please refer them to the counseling department immediately.
Preparing Every Student for Success in College, Career and Life