"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb into his skin and walk around in it" (To Kill a Mockingbird ).
Welcome, Students, to Freshman Pre-IB Honors English.
As we work together to analyze literature and other pieces of writing, you will practice and improve your writing skills. In the process, you will work hard to become an IB Learner.
- You will learn how to be a risk-taker and an open-minded thinker and communicator.
- As you become more knowledgeable, you will desire to learn more, because you are an inquirer who asks questions and digs deeper for meaning.
- You will become a better communicator as you improving your writing and speaking skills.
- As you mature throughout the year, and as you learn more about the world around you, you will become more caring.
- You will demonstrate high priciples by maintaining academic honesty.
- You will become more self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- You will also show respect by listening to and acknowledging other people's ideas. You may not agree with them, but you will respect their rights to express their own ideas.
- Finally, you will learn how to consider things from another person's point of view.