School Daily Announcements – Friday, February 24, 2017 (Announcements will be read
over the PA DAILY)
Maryvale High School
Daily Announcements – Friday, February 24, 2017
(Announcements will be read over the PA DAILY)
· In honor of Black history month here is the Quote of the day. "Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated." - Coretta Scott King
· Attention Students and Staff – Maryvale High School will be visited TODAY by the Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams, Phoenix Fire Chief Kara Kalkbrenner and Channel 5 Reporter Donna Rossi who are all Maryvale Alumni. If you see them around campus make sure to give them a warm welcome, also expect an increase in activity around campus as we have these members of the community visit our campus.
· A Message from Maryvale's Security Team – 1. For your safety please stay in the designated lunch areas during your lunch. 2. If you have a conflict with someone, visit our security team so we can help mediate a solution.
· Lunch Time - Students we asked that you not walk through buildings during the lunch periods and do not disrupt classrooms while in session
· Attention Students - There will be tutoring this Saturday for the ACT Test and the AIMS Science Test from 8:30am – 11:30am
· Powder Puff Football - Powder puff football has been moved to Tuesday, May 9 at 6 PM. Please stop by room 410 for permission slips and an application. Return them as soon as possible so we can get numbers. Girls play flag football and boys dress up and cheer. Tickets to watch will go on sale the week before. There will be a required informational meeting after spring break for anyone interested in participating or volunteering.
· Attention all students - Dragon Boat Racing permission slips and waivers are due by Tuesday, February 28. Dragon boat racing is completely FREE and you do not need any experience or equipment. It will all be provided. We are recruiting students for a team to compete.
· Attention Students - Powder puff shirts are on sale at the bookstore for $15. Get yours while we still have your size! They are moisture wicking adult unisex sizes.
· Spring Play - The spring play about the interesting ways high school students prompose to each other called “Please Say Yes” will take place in the Auditorium TODAY at 6 p.m. Tickets are $3 in advance and $4 at the door. Seating is limited and a possible real promposal could happen live on stage!
· Attention Cheerleaders - Varsity cheer tryouts will be from Monday, Feb. 27 through Thursday March 2 in the cafeteria from 4:00-5:30. This is open to all boys and girls who are currently freshmen through juniors. In order to try out you must be cleared for sports for the 2016-2017 school year. You will need to go to athletics and get cleared for cheer to tryout. If you are in a spring sport and you would like to tryout come to the tryouts on Monday and talk to the coach. It can be worked out for you to tryout.
· National Honor Society Seniors - All dues and community service hours are due by Friday, March 31st. Those members that cannot meet this expectation will be dropped from membership.
· Tennis Results - Congrats to Julian Rojo and Sergio Mora in winning their tennis matches against Apollo High School yesterday. Rojo won his first varsity match in straight sets defeating his opponent 6-2, 6-3. Mora won his first JV match in straight sets, defeating his opponent 6-4, 6-2. Keep up the good work and keep on working hard!
· Monday’s Club Meetings after school
è Sophomore Club in Room 410
è Speech and Debate in Room 913
è Close Up in the Athletic Training Room
è MECHA Club in Room 108
· Today’s Club Meetings after school
è Earth Club in the Garden
· Today’s Away Games
è Baseball @ the Laveen Classic
· Today’s Home Games