The PUHSD Food Services Division is currently accepting applications for part time / short hour workers in our school cafeterias/kitchens.
( Although there is a possibility that this employment could continue long term, these positions are considered temporary and work no more than 4 hours per day assisting in the daily operations of the National School Lunch Program. )
PART TIME / TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT GUIDELINES
- Starting pay is $10.17 per hour (subject to change)
- Not to exceed 3½ to 4 hours per shift (no overtime)
- Current Maricopa County Food Handlers Card required
- White top with sleeves (preferably with a collar)
- Black pants (no capris or shorts)
- Slip Resistant & Closed toe shoes
- NO Jewelry except Wedding ring
DUTIES ARE AS FOLLOWS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
- Putting groceries away in storeroom, cooler & freezer.
- Assorted food preparation, panning food, wrapping items, putting produce into self serve containers
- Cleaning dining room and kitchen
- Serving food on the serving line
- Standing on feet for entire shift
- Emptying and washing trash cans
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
1. One free lunch is offered to be eaten on your own time.
2. No food or drinks may be consumed in the kitchen or on the serving line.
3. No food leaves the cafeteria under any circumstances.
4. You must call your manager each day if you cannot work.
5. Report an accident immediately to your manager.
6. Report disputes to your manager and follow the line of command.
7. THE USE OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES IS PROHIBITED DURING WORK.
8. Following a 30 day probationary period, employee will be considered for a bus card.
Part-time employees are considered temporary and
can be dismissed by the Division Manager at any time.
On the first day of work please bring food handlers card (required) and documentation that states you have been finger printed by PUHSD Human Resources.